Thursday, November 4, 2010

Success Secrets of the Social Media Marketing Superstars

When I first started reading Success Secrets of the Social Media Marketing Superstars, I was a little confused. I knew from reading the cover that the book was collaborated among the 22 authors and experts in social media, but I didn’t realize each chapter was written by a different expert. This is truly a unique book. Right away, I found this book to be very valuable for anyone trying to improve their business through social media.

The book is divided into two sections—the first section (chapters 1-12) covers the strategies and principles related to social media marketing such as building relationships, the psychology of social media, how to communicate, and more. The second part (chapters 13-22) addresses the actual applications and websites like blogging, Facebook, Linked In, You Tube, and Twitter.

Besides offering many tips and tactics, the book also describes the biggest mistakes businesses make with social media and how to fix them, in depth case studies, actionable plans for all areas including social networks, blogs, web TV, and mobile marketing, along with valuable tools and resources that anyone can use to get involved in social media marketing. This book was mainly written to teach people and entrepreneurs how to effectively put together successful social media campaigns in order to greatly expand their reach and grow their business.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in social media, or looking to stay on top and improve their business. This book was extremely organized and seems to be a perfect reference book. You can easily find the content you are looking for and the chapters contain very relevant and concise information about all of the aspects of social media. As I was reading, there are certain chapters and authors that stand out (I found Chapter 6 about personality and standing out on the internet very interesting, and chapter 15 about Twitter was very fascinating as well.) I liked how this book also gave me an idea on other authors that might interest me or other social media books that might be appealing because there are so many social media books out there. This is definitely a good book, and I strongly recommend it.

To see my recommendation on youtube please click the following link
http://www.youtube.com/user/SMRach22?feature=mhum

Rachael Rush
Marketing 4700

No comments:

Post a Comment